Boggabri Coal Community
24-hour community hotline: 1800 BOGGABRI (1800 264 422 74)
Boggabri Coal is a long-standing member of the community, providing employment opportunities, supporting local businesses, and developing strong relationships across the region.
We work with the local communities of Boggabri, Narrabri, Gunnedah, and the surrounding areas where our staff and suppliers live.
Our major recent community contributions include:
- Voluntary Planning Agreement with Narrabri Shire Council to commit up to $8.7 million over the life of the mine for community infrastructure
- major sponsor of the annual Narrabri and Boggabri Carp Musters
- major sponsor of the Boggabri Camp Draft (since 2006)
- long-term supporter of the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service in the New England North West Region
- inviting school groups to visit the mine site to educate young people about the mining industry.
Community Consultative Committee
Boggabri Coal works with an open and transparent Community Consultative Committee (CCC) and engages with them regarding the mine’s operation, to help keep residents up-to-date with our operations, environmental management and community initiatives.
The CCC meets quarterly and is made up of active community members who live and work in Boggabri and the surrounding region. Members are approved by the State Government and represent a variety of interest groups, businesses, and residents. The CCC minutes are published online after each meeting.
To have your say on community matters, email BoggabriCCC@boggabricoal.com.au or call our 24-hour community hotline on 1800 BOGGABRI (1800 264 422 74).
Idemitsu Australia Resources’ work with local communities.