IAR is committed to the environment. To manage environmental issues during operations and associated construction activities at IAR Projects, an Environmental Management Plan (EMP) has been established. The EMP will ensure compliance with relevant consent conditions, legislation, regulations, conditions of any applicable licences, approvals and/or permits.
This EMP covers the rehabilitation and land management environmental protection practices, resources and activities required to maintain environmental impacts within compliance limits.
The objectives of this EMP are to:
- ensure environmental safeguards are implemented correctly
- ensure compliance with the requirements of all relevant environmental legislation, conditions of any applicable licences, approvals and permits,
- ensure that works are managed to reduce adverse impacts on the environment,
- provide a rehabilitation plan in accordance with government criteria,
- rehabilitate the site to a safe and stable condition and as near as practical to the original use, and
- achieve a level of sustainability for which the maintenance needs of the affected land are not greater than the surrounding (or original) land.
The EMP assesses the following points and monitors and/or addresses the actions required to achieve the objectives of the rehabilitation plan;
- air and dust pollution
- erosion and sediment control
- surface water pollution
- threatened flora and fauna
- weed control and management
- operational noise
- visual amenity
- natural heritage conservation
- hydrocarbon contamination
- public safety.